Season 2 of Your Friends & Neighbors (YF&N) just released, and subsequently there has been a lot of chatter about the show on Apple social media as well as other news feeds I follow. The chatter has been mostly positive. I like Jon Hamm, and really like Olivia Munn, so I decided to give it a shot. Overall I enjoyed the first season, though I thought a couple of the episodes right in the middle of the season dragged a bit in plot progression. Below is the summary of the premise of the show from ChatGTP:
Season 1 of the Apple TV+ series Your Friends & Neighbors follows Andrew “Coop” Cooper, a wealthy hedge fund manager whose life falls apart after he loses his job and goes through a painful divorce. Desperate to maintain the luxurious lifestyle he and his family are used to, Coop begins secretly robbing the homes of the rich people in his upscale suburban community.
What starts as a way to stay financially afloat gradually becomes addictive, and Coop discovers that the seemingly perfect lives of his friends and neighbors are filled with affairs, lies, blackmail, and dangerous secrets. As he digs deeper into their lives through his burglaries, he gets pulled into a larger criminal mystery involving a suspicious death.
This show is different than most shows I watch (it's non sci-fi) and was a nice change of pace. The drama was uncomfortable at times, but overall it was enjoyable and even funny at times. Seeing how the 1% live (Patek Philippe watches for example) is both interesting and amazing, honestly. I know the show was fictitious, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what was shown is true in certain communities. It's interesting how Coop's perspective of his rich neighbors changes once he falls on "hard" times and learns about some of their questionable actions. Like I said above, the show overall was enjoyable with some lull in plot progression and uncomfortable drama, but I liked it enough that I plan on watching season 2. I like a lot of the actors in the show, and I think this is the first thing I've seen Olivia Munn in since her Attack of the Show days (except for the one X-Men appearance). I enjoyed the watch references in the show as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment