#1. The fact that the drivers from Sunday race in this minor league series is ridiculous. What other sport in the world do you know of where the major league players play in the minors? I don't see Derek Jeter spending his free time playing ball in Scranton.
#2. NASCAR races are way, way too long. Who wants to watch people drive in circles for 6 hours long?
Point number one being ignored, one of the things I like about the NNS is that the races are shorter. I can much more easily watch a 300 mile race than a 500 mile race. Of course the obvious reason why I watched this race was to see how well (or poorly) Danica Patrick performed. I have never been a huge fan of Danica, but I've never disliked her either. I always thought she was an interesting story. That race didn't really tell me much about how she will perform in NASCAR. She did OK, I guess. I will probably be tuning into more NASCAR than usual this year just to see how she does. Secretly I kind of hope she fails so she returns to IndyCar full time.
No comments:
Post a Comment