Monday, February 15, 2010

Jokers

I almost didn't comment on this because I didn't even watch it on TV but I have heard so much about it and I find it quite amusing so I decided I would go ahead and add my two cents. Sorry for the run-on.

I really enjoy racing. One of my favorite sports easily. I first started with NASCAR, but over the years I have liked NASCAR less and less and have switched to other forms of racing, namely IRL, F1, and sports car racing like ALMS. I could go on and on about the reasons why I dislike NASCAR these days, but I don't have the motivation to do so, at least not at this moment. Suffice it to say that I think every year (or race, even) NASCAR gets farther away from real racing and closer to manufactured entertainment, similar to professional wrestling. Yesterday was the biggest race of the year - the Super Bowl of stock car racing - the Daytona 500. And it was delayed for hours because of potholes in the track. What a joke NASCAR has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment