Friday, March 5, 2010

The Great Move

This weekend marks the beginning of our big move across town. On the one hand, the concept of moving just a few blocks down the road is very annoying. On the other hand, it is nice that we will be able to move stuff in shifts and not have one massive moving day. Our leases overlap a bit so we have a few weeks to casually move most of the smaller stuff over. The short move also allows for easier transport of some of the more fragile items, such as computers and stereos. Speaking of which, the new move is going to result in a shake-up of the Cave stereo system. There are big changes on the horizon, for better or worse. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal any details about the changes being made at this time. The general plan has been formulated, but the details still need to be worked out. More information will be available in future posts.

3 comments:

  1. Moving is a royal pain in the ass. It's nice to not have to haul all your stuff over a long distance, but in a way, a short move seems like you did so much work for such a small result.

    When we were in college, A.B., L.M., and myself literally moved across the parking lot to a different building in the same complex. It was in fact necessary, but at the same time a total nuisance.

    Also, sources close to me have revealed at least a portion of your new home audio plans, but if your desire is to keep those plans on the down low, I won't post them for consumption by the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know who your source(s) is/are. Right now I am in the process of figuring out what exactly it is that I want to get out of my stereo. There are a few different routes I can take to accomplish this task, I think. One thing that throws a wrench into all of this is my living condition, i.e. an apartment instead of a house. Because of that, some of what is done may be more planning for the future than some radical change I am going to be using anytime soon. My current plans may very well be different than what has been discussed with your source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality home entertainment equipment will last for years on end, so anything you purchase can be viewed as an investment for the future, but yeah, generally there's not much sense in going way over the top when you're still living in an apartment.

    The biggest key I suppose is trying to acquire things you can use now, but can be easily upgraded in the future for a larger setting in a house. The way technology evolves so quickly, that's not always a guarantee, but the physics of good audio don't evolve the way a lot of other things do. Me, you, and R.C. all have speakers that are very similar, but are approximately a few months old, a decade old, and two decades old, respectively, and they all pump out the same fantastic audio.

    ReplyDelete