Sarah and I spent all weekend moving stuff across town to our new place. We were productive overall. Basically all that is left in our current place are bigger items like TVs and couches. Today got off to a slow start. We both slept in a bit. Sarah had to go shopping for a dress to wear in a wedding, and she also stopped to pick up some decorations for the new place. Once that was over, we ate lunch and then packed our cars for the first trip of the day. It turned out to be our last trip. Shortly after we arrived, I had to do a postprandial #2. It was the second #2 I have taken in the new place, and it marked the first time that I stopped up the toilet and the new place, and it was a good one. The water started rising and I watched it expecting it to stop, and it didn't. As it spilled out of the bowl, I quickly reached down to turn off the water supplying the toilet. It is amazing how fast that water flows when it isn't in a contained spot. The only towels we have in the whole place were conveniently in a cabinet over the toilet, so I had to step through the water to get out a towel to create a dam to prevent the water from leaving the bathroom. Of course, we had no supplies to clean this mess up. We had to go to Wal Mart (I hate Wal Mart...I have no idea why we didn't stop at Target, which we drove right by to get to Wal Mart.) to buy a mop and a bunch of towels. At this point, it had started raining. After we cleaned the water and disinfected the floor, we decided to call it a day. As the popular saying goes, shit happens.
I really think all of this is a result of faulty design. I have several family members and friends who are engineers. I pose this challenge to them: Improve the current design of toilets. They are inferior for today's needs. They can be much better and my life would be a lot easier if we had superior toilet design.
You do seem to have one hell of a time with toilets. LOL. It is poor design, but it generally has nothing to do with the fact that the designers aren't aware of those flaws, but rather the ignorant constraints within which they're forced to operate.
ReplyDeleteThanks to those in our world who believe it is somehow their right to dictate to us every single thing in our lives, from what we eat, to how we shit it out, and in this case, what we do with it once we have shit it out, these are the consequences we're left to deal with.
In this particular situation, some years ago, environmental loons and special interest groups got the government to enact regulations regarding how toilets, showers, and any plumbing apparatus in general had to be designed in order to be "more efficient" and thus in theory, less wasteful of water.
What these clowns don't seem to understand is the toilet that uses half as much water doesn't do a damn bit of good if I have to flush it double the number of times to get everything to go down. It sings the truth of the old parable, "robbing Peter to pay Paul."
When we lived closer to the Canadian border apparently there was a pretty big smuggling operation of people sneaking Canadian toilets across into the US. I guess their toilets don't have the same regulations as ours. Similar to the weed smuggling operations between US/Mexico.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I think that was quite the phenomenon when these rules went into place. Probably a little less popular once people figured out more cost effective ways to make after market modifications with the stuff you're already able to get here.
ReplyDeleteI'm quite a fan of the air assist thrones, but you typically only see those in commercial settings as opposed to in a residential environment.
One thing is for sure, I didn't wake up this morning realizing I would have such an in depth discussion about crappers. LOL