
My DVR deleted my episode of Giada's Weekend Getaways - Miami. The Miami episode was by far the best one, and I was saving it for a rainy day. I am a huge Giada fan. She is quite pretty, and always seems to be really happy and enjoys what she does. I record every episode of Everyday Italian. Truthfully, I am not a huge fan of most of what she makes. I don't even know what most of it is. I have pretty simple tastes and her cuisines are more complex than what I am used to. She also uses a lot of almonds and nuts, which I am not a huge fan of. I mostly watch the show to see what she is wearing. She is kind of risque for the Food Network. And I like how she pronounces random words in Italian, even though 99% of her speech is in English. It bugs Sarah how she does that. Giada's head also bugs Sarah. Sarah thinks she has a huge head, but I really just think she has narrow shoulders.
She also had this show in the late 2000s called Weekend Getaways where she would travel to various cities around the world and eat at different restaurants and do local fun stuff. I liked that show a lot. She went to a lot of cool places and ate at neat restaurants. Unfortunately, she had a kid in 2009 and since then she has had no new Everyday Italian or Weekend Getaways. She now has this show called Giada at Home, which I am not a huge fan of at all. I hate the set and she dresses way too conservatively now. I still record her older two shows and watch for nostalgia reasons. Below is the best clip from her Weekend Getaway series, where she just finishes riding a jet ski in Miami. I am off on a weekend getaway of my own this weekend, to fabulous Loogootee! Enjoy - and sorry for the bad music.
She's got a great rack of lamb going on, I'll tell you that for sure. I'd love to bag that cougar for a night...RAWR!
ReplyDeleteDamn, I wish you were going to Loogootee next weekend rather than this weekend. I think I'm going down there to enjoy a birthday bash, and a last little hoorah before I have to go start the new job.