
I don't typically like to talk sports news on here, but I came across this little nugget this afternoon in my in-box and was quite surprised and excited. It's funny because just this weekend as I was looking at pictures to update the screensaver I was thinking how I have been a bit surprised that Anna never made an attempt at a comeback. She obviously still loves tennis as she plays in various exhibition events all of the time. Plus, I never question the desire and competitive nature of a professional athlete. I don't know what the preparation for this will entail, but surely the two of them will play a few Wimbledon warm-up tournaments before hitting the All England Club. I am looking forward to seeing how they do this summer. This will be the first time Kournikova has been in a WTA match since 2003. She is a famous under achiever in the singles department, often being accused of getting attention for her looks more than her game. What everyone fails to mention is that she is a former number one doubles player in the world and won 16 doubles tournaments, including 2 grand slams. I am always sticking up for my girl in this department.
While we are on the topic of sports, I wanted to take this opportunity to complain about the Versus network. They opted to show the Pens/Canadians game tonight over the Red Wings/Sharks, which really annoys me. First of all, Detroit is twice as big as Pittsburgh, and I am sure the Red Wings fan base is larger nation wide. Secondly, I doubt you can even get Versus in Montreal so they are choosing only to cover one team basically. Thanks a lot for the join-in-progress coverage Sydney Crosby. The only thing keeping Versus completely out of the dog house right now is Lindsay Soto.
Here are some articles about the refs from game two, which were absolutely terrible. I don't complain about the officials in NHL games often, but they sucked in game two. It was a joke.
Granted, I'm not a tennis insider by any stretch of the imagination, but this certainly seems to have popped in from right out of nowhere.
ReplyDeleteMaybe Martina will snort rails of coke out of Anna's ass...sassy!!!
That would certainly make for an interesting twitter photo.
ReplyDeleteIt did come out of left field. I hope they do ok and don't embarrass themselves as obviously both are quite past their primes.
On a sad note I had to pass on seeing Anna in St. Louis this year due to uncertain job work schedule.