
It's a rainy, slow day here and I didn't really have much to do so I decided to start working on an update for my screensaver. You knew it was only a matter of time before Anna K was mentioned on this site. This will be the first major update since last fall when I completely revamped how the screensaver was maintained. That update didn't change much content wise, just a bunch of behind the scenes stuff (Picasa is now working correctly. I didn't really do anything to fix it, it just seemed to fix itself. Very odd.). This will be the first content update in quite sometime. I haven't been to her site since January of 2009.
Lemme just say this: Things aren't the way they used to be. Most of the threads are filled with either no pictures at all or links to photo companies like Getty that have small photos that are watermarked unless you are part of the press. A majority of the pictures are just old pictures being regurgitated again and again. So far I haven't been too impressed with the newer pictures that I have "missed." There are still new pictures out there that are good. Trouble is I have to wade through a lot of crap in order to find them. Making things worse, my image download software doesn't work on her site for some reason so I have to download all of these pictures manually, which stinks and takes forever. With that being said, I think periodic updates are necessary to keep the spirit of the project alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment