Saturday, June 26, 2010

Restaurant Buffet




Its been a while since I've discussed any food on the site so I thought now would be a good time to discuss a few restaurants I've been to recently. Both of these places are some of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Bub's Burgers
Location: Downtown Carmel
Price: $-$$
Rating: 5 Cheeseburgers

Bub's is probably one of the more famous restaurants in the area. It is located downtown Carmel, right along the Monon trail. It is a popular stop along the trail in the summertime and always has a good crowd. The restaurant is sit down style with waiter/waitress. There is also the option to sit outside on the patio when the weather is nice. As you can probably tell based on their name, this restaurant specializes in burgers. Their biggest burger, titled the "Big Ugly" is quite a challenge to get down and the inside of the restaurant is covered with pictures of people who have conquered the massive burger. If you look close enough, you might find some people up there that you know.

An important thing to remember when eating at Bub's is don't forget the ice cream! They have an attached ice cream parlor and the milkshakes are excellent - much better than Steak and Shake or any other fast food milkshake.

Overall Bub's is a unique, local place to take visiting friends and family. The food is good and priced well. It's one of my favorite local restaurants and I always enjoy going there.

Me attempting to put down the "Big Ugly:"





Arni's Restaurant
Location: 96th Street, Indianapolis/Multiple Locations
Price: $$
Rating: 4 Cheeseburgers

I don't have as much to say about Arni's. Just know that it is a local Italian restaurant located just north of the Keystone Fashion Mall. I like to go there if I am in the Keystone area and am looking for a good meal that isn't too expensive. Most of the restaurants around Keystone are pretty pricey. Arni's is a sit down style restaurant with a waiter/waitress. The inside is quite modern and up-to-date, yet it is very laid back and really you would feel comfortable wearing just about anything inside. You don't have to be dressed up. The food is reasonably priced and the portions are huge. Most importantly, it is quite good. I have been here twice now, both times getting the chicken parmesan for $11.49. If you are in the Keystone area or around any of Arni's multiple locations, I'd suggest giving them a try. I think you will leave full and quite satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. So what does the first picture have to do with anything? I usually look for places with reasonable size portions. That burger probably has enough calories for an entire day.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah asked the same thing. Giada is the LITC food correspondent. It is therefore appropriate to post her picture anytime food is mentioned. I have decided this as it is my website.

    ReplyDelete