Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back to the Future



I'm not a big movie fan at all. I find most movies to be poorly written and/or executed and frankly to be dumb. Because of this I can probably count on one hand the number of new movies I see each year. With that being said there are a small handful of movies that I think are fantastic and thoroughly enjoy. One of my favorite movie series of all time is the Back to the Future films. They have been in the news a bit lately as this year marks the 25th anniversary of the first film. Seeing all of the old clips and reading about the films on the web put me in the mood to watch the movies, so last night I popped in the DVDs and watched the behind the scenes features for the first time. It is quite interesting to see and hear how the movies came together. A lot of the stuff about the movies that made them so iconic (such as the DeLorean time machine) came about either by pure luck or coincidence.

The Back to the Future movies (specifically I and II) are really quite unique. Part comedy/science fiction/drama, they pull from multiple genres and some how manage to tell a great story that is actually pretty complex while providing memorable characters. Again, one of my favorite movie series ever and it was a lot of fun to see some of the older behind-the-scenes footage for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I can't watch BTTF without having Huey Lewis songs stuck in my head for a week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know he played a small part in the first movie? He was one of the teachers with the megaphone when Marty's band was trying out to play at the school dance.

    That's the power of love...

    ReplyDelete