With that being said, I am going to have a Mad Men and video game marathon today before heading out to the hospital tonight to start my month of night call. Hope everyone has a safe day out there. And thanks Angela, for keeping central Indiana safe.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Ice Apocalypse
The weather forecast here frequently over estimates the severity of the upcoming weather and like I said in an earlier post, the winter weather here overall is not that bad. However, the newscasters got this one correct. Everyone knew this storm was coming and it turned out to be pretty severe. So severe, in fact, that both Sarah's office and my office got canceled for the day. And what makes this winter storm particularly dangerous isn't the total amount of snowfall, it's the ice.
With that being said, I am going to have a Mad Men and video game marathon today before heading out to the hospital tonight to start my month of night call. Hope everyone has a safe day out there. And thanks Angela, for keeping central Indiana safe.
With that being said, I am going to have a Mad Men and video game marathon today before heading out to the hospital tonight to start my month of night call. Hope everyone has a safe day out there. And thanks Angela, for keeping central Indiana safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who is Angela? One of the Mad Men? Should Sarah be jealous?
ReplyDelete@Joseph: Angela Buchman is a meteorologist on WISH-TV 8 CBS here in Indianapolis.
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, I tried to go to work tonight and made it 3 miles before my wind shield wipers completely stopped working, leaving me with zero visibility. Sarah had to pick me up at a McDonald's parking lot. I didn't notice the roads them selves being any worse than usual when it snows but the ice out there is ridiculous.
Yeah they keep closing interstates due to accidents and the malls are closed. You know it's bad when the malls are closed.
ReplyDeleteIce storm: 1, Me: 0. We went to pick up my car this morning and I slammed the ice scraper against the hood (which has about 4 inches of ice built-up on it) like a disgusted goalie who just let a puck past and the end snapped right off. My wipers still don't work but I think it's because there is just so much ice built up around them at the base. I am going to let the car sit in the garage today to try to warm them up to see if that helps. My car is due for a tune-up anyway which I am going to try to get accomplished later this week.
ReplyDeleteCorrection: Between the wipers and the ice scraper, the score should be Ice Storm: 2, Me: 0.
ReplyDeleteHas running the defroster helped at all with thawing the wipers out or do you think that something is broken in the wiper arms?
ReplyDelete@Auntie: This ice is way to thick for the defroster to melt in a timely manner. I took it in to the shop to get the oil changed and they melted the ice in their garage and they are now working correctly so evidently it was just too much ice for the motors to work.
ReplyDeleteWinter weather conditions are brutal on a vehicle. The battery in the M-Squared died this week...probably a combination of cold weather, ice, age of battery, etc. Couldn't even jump start it. Technician said my starter and alternator were fine though, so I ponied up the $120 for a new battery and moved on.
ReplyDeleteNot only is wiper motor function obviously key, you need fresh blades this time of year. I replaced mine ahead of the winter mess during an oil change in November.
Angela is a treat. I like my weather delivered with a little bit of sassy style! LOL! Did you see her during college, or was local news in Greencastle from Terre Haute? I would figure you got Indy locals like we did at Purdue, but wasn't sure.
@Boiler: As far as I can remember we had a mixed environment in Greencastle. Some channels were from Terre Haute, some were from Indy. I am pretty certain we got WISH CBS.
ReplyDelete