Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shameless Plugging of Models

I picked up a copy of the swimsuit issue a few days ago and had a chance to go through it. Below are the highlights of the issue, in my opinion.


Cover model Irina Shayk:


An obvious choice for the cover, I think. She's been in several issues now (think this is her third or fourth) and is one of the bigger names in the issue, probably second only to Mrs. Andy Roddick. She kind of reminds me of a poor man's Adriana Lima, but that is just being mean. She really is quite stunning, and every picture in the issue is good.


Kate Upton:


American model Kate Upton is a midwest girl and an SI swimsuit rookie. She has blown up all over the interwebs shortly after the issue came out and has gained a lot of popularity. She has a similar body type to other recent popular models (Brooklyn Decker, Bar Refaeli, Marisa Miller) and if the pictures in this issue are any indication I fully expect her to be on the cover of this issue some time in the near future. Kate's appearance was a pleasant surprise and the number one highlight of the issue in my opinion.


Leryn Franco:


I thought this year's featured athletes section was probably the best athlete section the issue has had since Anna K in 2004 (of course I'm a bit partial). Funny thing is out of the recent featured athletes in memory, this year's models are probably the least famous. The highlight here is Paraguayan model Leryn Franco. Not only is she a model and runner-up for Miss Universo Paraguay in 2006, she is also a two time Olympian in javelin throw in 2004 and 2008.


Genevieve Morton:


I don't have anything interesting to say about Genevieve. I just think she's really pretty.


Enjoy the photos and check out the issue at si.com or on newsstands.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Brooklyn Decker. I kind of get the impression that many of these girls are aloof at best, and at worst really snobby with big time entitlement issues.

    For some odd reason, BD is a frequent guest on the Dan Patrick show (I think it's because of their mutual friendship with Adam Sandler), but she always seems really down to earth when she sits around and talks with those guys.

    Over the weekend, we saw the movie "Just Go With It," and I was fairly impressed with her acting abilities in a semi-leading role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I like Brooklyn Decker too. I didn't feature her directly in this post just because I've talked about her on this blog before so I wanted to show some new girls in this post.

    Marisa Miller always seems real down to earth and easy to hang out with too. I've seen her on a lot of shows like the Best Damn Sports Show where she is able to hang out like a normal human being. Of course a lot of these girls are foreign so some of it might be language/cultural differences.

    ReplyDelete