This month I am working down in my clinic everyday. I usually mostly work in the hospital. Unfortunately I've been pretty slow the past week or so, and thus am getting home around 5 or 5:30 every evening when it is still light out. I am more used to getting home around 7 or 7:30 and it being dark out and therefore haven't thought much about outdoor activities recently. Now that I am getting home earlier with a few hours of sunlight I feel a bit guilty about not spending some time outside in the nice weather (when it isn't raining). Sarah and I have been watching a lot of tennis lately and I've been in the mood to play some (we have courts just a few hundred feet from our place) so I've been thinking about getting some rackets. I'll let you know how that goes if I pursue it.
One of the fun parts of spring/early summer is the playoff sports. I've always been a sports fan, but to be honest the older I get the less I care. I just am not interested enough to devote the time it requires to adequately follow a team closely. About the only sports I watch routinely are IndyCar and F1, and the Colts. Otherwise I pay little attention to the other sports. However, this changes a bit once the playoffs roll around. I haven't watched an NBA game all year but have enjoyed the Pacers' two games against Chicago, despite the losses. Playoff NBA games are much different than regular season games. Teams play defense and overall things seem much more serious and less clownish. And once again the Wings are doing well in the playoffs. Thus far Phoenix has not been much of a challenge. The NHL playoffs are tough to beat in my mind in terms of intensity and overall enjoyment to watch.

I heard from some people back home that the weather did some damage down there last night.
ReplyDeleteLoogootee was without power until about 3 am. In Bramble, we lost the top of one of the maples and the tulip popular tree in the back yard. Holly tree is doing fine. Had between 1.5 and 2 inches of rain.
ReplyDeleteSimon sent me a pic of the tulip tree - I'm glad it didn't fall on the house! Jessica Edwards said she and James lost their shed. They're in Germany, so somebody must have called to tell them.
ReplyDeleteYeah I've now heard the same. What I don't understand is why our tornado sirens were going off and there were tornado warnings out when the storm hadn't even started and to my knowledge no funnel clouds had been spotted (which by definition you need to get a warning over a watch as far as I know). The storm here was just a simple thunderstorm, nothing out of the ordinary. I thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion.
ReplyDeleteIn general I like this time of year quite a lot, including the weather. I like the rain though can do without the damaging storms.