
The Black Keys were the opening act at the Kings of Leon concert I went to last year, which was the first time I had ever heard of them. They got quite an applause when their name was announced and I was a bit surprised because I felt out of the loop as I had never heard of them. They played 5 or 6 songs and I thought they were pretty cool so I put them on my mental list of artists to check out. That was nearly a year ago and I am just now getting around to listening to some of their stuff.
Their newest album "Brothers" is terrific. The Black Keys are an Akron, OH-based rock duo who make blues-style rock and roll. Their music sounds much older than it truly is, and I've kind of likened them to a modern-day Led Zeppelin. "Brothers" is one of the better rock albums I've heard recently (right up there with the Phoenix album) and I'm quite excited to be seeing them in concert later this summer here in Indy. Below is one of my favorite songs "She's Long Gone." Enjoy the rock music!
No comments:
Post a Comment