U.S. Swimming and the Phelps/Lochte competition. The swim meets can be downright entertaining and who doesn't enjoy a little competition between teammates? Personally I find Lochte a bit annoying and am hoping Phelps will shut him up in the pool.
I am admittedly a bit of a closet women's gymnastics fan. I don't follow the sport throughout the year but I do enjoy watching it at the Olympics. I do think Jordyn Wieber got the shaft a bit. I understand limiting 2 members per country so that the competition isn't dominated by a single team. The flip side of the argument is that if you want to have a competition against the World's truly best gymnasts, you have to have the best one's there and this rule does not allow that. Why is it her fault she has great teammates?
Women's beach volleyball is obviously a bit of a guilty pleasure, but Misty May Treanor and Kerri Walsh dominate their sport (have never lost a set in the Olympics) and it's always fun to watch a team dominate. Actually, the older I get the more I like volleyball. I watch it occassionally on the Big 10 Network.
Other sports I'm watching closely are tennis and women's soccer (we actually win in the women's division). I'm sure once track and field starts I'll be watching it closely too. Also, London looks absolutely fascinating on TV and would love to visit there sometime.
I'm working this weekend. Everyone else have a good weekend. I'll be using apps on my iPhone to keep up with all of the Olympics results and news.



Been a little cool for the volleyball teams. They have been wearing sweaters while playing.
ReplyDeleteYes, there has been a disturbing lack of bikinis this year. Of course, when I think of summer weather, London doesn't exactly come to mind first. It looks more like October there to me.
ReplyDeleteTwo USA teams still in beach volleyball games.
ReplyDelete@Joe: Did you see the Walsh/May match against Italy? They played an unbelievable match.
ReplyDelete