DePauw University, my alma mater, once again was ranked in the Princeton Review's list of top party schools. I find the list to be amusing and a bit confusing. This year's list is made up of mostly larger and mostly public schools. Yet right there in the middle of those large universities sits little old DePauw, a small liberal arts school of just a few thousand students. I'm not completely sure how DePauw frequents this list nearly every year. Sure people at DePauw like to have a good time (It's where I first heard the phrase "Study hard, party harder."), but when I was there I thought it seemed relatively tame compared to Indiana University, and they aren't even on the list. I just wonder what the criteria is for making the list.

I could come down and cook for a hundred or so people...you'd have a lot of patients then! Nothing's too good for my niece's husband! ;-)
ReplyDeleteauntie 502
Yesterday after I made this post I got an email from DePauw talking about the survey and basically how it was based on nothing factual. Kind of interesting that the university even bothers to respond.
ReplyDeleteI think the media like to report surveys because it is easy news. I hate it that they actually make this a important part of their news or use it to form public opinion.
ReplyDeleteJoe
Yeah, apparently in the same issue that this report was in they actually had another segment where they said many good things about DePauw and actually named it one of America's top 100 colleges. None of that makes the national news though.
DeleteI don't think anyone with any sense takes these types of surveys serious.