For the past several years we have left the accountant's office owing both for their services and for taxes due. I always left feeling like I got screwed because invariably I would see commercials or here co-workers discussing how they were going to spend their refunds. This year we got a refund. Finally! It was a large one too (in my opinion).
We had a couple of things going for us this year. One is that we had not one but two kids. The other is that we bought a house. I know that getting a refund just means I over payed throughout the year but it still feels nice to join the conversation about what I'm gonna do with my refund. Plus I pay a lot in federal taxes each year so I feel like I deserve a refund. I was in a much better mood this year after leaving the accountant's office.
No comments:
Post a Comment