I try to predict who will be on the cover of this issue each year. I knew they wouldn't put Kate Upton on the cover for the third year in a row (though she did manage to get the newly created "back cover"). Nina Agdal was my top prediction for this year's issue and Chrissy Teigen was my back-up pick. Both of them have been big in the issue the past few years and have become somewhat more recognizable in pop culture (Nina was in a Hardee's commercial for instance.). But Lily Aldridge? I really didn't see that one coming at all. As far as I know she's never even been in the issue before so to get a cover is pretty surprising. As a side note she is married to Kings of Leon lead singer Caleb Followill, and while Pitchfork doesn't care for their music I rather enjoy it.
This all stems back from a little competition between BoilerPip and I back in high school where we would try to guess who would be on the cover of the weekly Sports Illustrated issue. Turns out it is a much harder thing to predict than one might imagine. If one of us would get a couple of covers correct per school year that would be considered a good score. It's generally easier to predict the cover of the swimsuit issue.

No comments:
Post a Comment