The above picture is the Pacers' star player Paul George on a stretcher. He broke his leg during a team USA basketball scrimmage. A scrimmage. Not the championship game. Not even a regular game. A scrimmage. He is expected to miss the entire upcoming season. Any chance the Pacers had this year is completely down the tubes. We are really going to miss Lance's scoring now.
These days you frequently hear about players skipping out on national teams due to injury fear. I used to scoff at this, reasoning that soccer players do it all of the time and that they should want to represent our country and dominate basketball throughout the world. I must say that now that my team has been affected I understand the reservation to play these games now. I would trade in even competing for a NBA championship over winning the FIBA championship any day of the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment