Last week my neighbor's yard was covered in tree limbs that he had trimmed. Apparently our city was coming around and picking up limbs from trees from people's yards. I have periodically trimmed my trees, mostly to reduce low limbs that I have to dodge while mowing the lawn. The thought hadn't occurred to me that maybe I should trim my trees too, but after seeing my neighbor's newly trimmed trees I thought that I should do the same thing. Minutes later my yard was also covered in tree limbs.
Then yesterday Sarah pointed out that one of our trees in the front yard doesn't look as good this year as it did last year. We took a clipping to a local nursery and was told that it was suffering from a fungal infection. They recommended an anti-fungal spray to help restore the tree. I had no idea trees required periodic maintenance. I thought once they were planted and established they pretty much took care of themselves. Shows what I know.
You know what else is annoying? Spending hundreds of dollars to have trees removed because they are too big for the spaces where the ORIGINAL OWNER planted them. I just love paying money to get rid of something. :-/ auntie 502
ReplyDeleteWe ran into that with our house too, and I agree that it's really annoying. A pine tree on the corner of the house died basically right after we bought the house, and the tree removal company said it shouldn't have even been planted there. Four hundred bucks later, the tree is gone and we have another one set to be delivered in a few weeks. This one won't get so big, and we were assured by the nursery and the Internet that it should be fine next to the house.
ReplyDeleteWell I sprayed the trees with anti-fungal medicine this week. We shall see how it works.
ReplyDelete