I remember when the specs (processor speed, amount of memory, hard drive space, etc.) on computers were really important. Not long ago, you actually had to pay attention to the specs because the computer you selected may not be able to adequately run the programs you want and need. For the overwhelming majority of people, those days are gone. Sure, if you're running a business or doing something very specific with your computer, the specs probably matter. But for the average computer user who is checking email, surfing the net, and running basic programs, any computer on the market will be able to handle their tasks easily.
My current iPhone, the 4S, is about 4 years old. It runs well but is getting to the point where battery life is becoming an issue. It is time to upgrade. I've been waiting all summer to hear about the iPhone 6 to see if I wanted to get one. Now that the details have been released, I'm not sure I want one. I'm not jumping to Android. I'm happy with the iPhone, and now that I have a Mac I really enjoy the integration between the phone and the computer. I'm just not sure that I need a 6.
The iPhone 6 release was filled with specs: which processor the phone uses, the screen resolution, the camera pixel number, and on and on. Thing is, the 4S, which is years old, does everything I want and need in a phone. I run a few basic apps, check my email, and text. That's about it. Also, I'm generally against larger phones. I use my phone for work while I'm at work on a daily basis. I want something small enough to comfortably fit in my pocket and be transported without feeling like I've shoved a laptop down my pants. But the market is going towards larger phones and there isn't anything I can do about it. Sarah has an iPhone 5 with a larger screen (but smaller than the 6 screens) and I think the 5's screen size is fine.
I think I'm going to wait for the 6 to come out and then get a 5S once the price drops to $99. It will be faster and lighter than my current phone, it will do everything I want and need it to do, and it will cost $100 less. I'm placing the label "I'm getting old" on this post because there was a time, probably 5-10 years ago, where there is no way I would settle for anything other than the latest and greatest. I wouldn't use logic like I am currently displayed in this post.
Your not getting old, you're getting wiser! You're getting old when you don't care if your phone is 8 years old or older, and you refuse to give up your land line and answering machine! :D auntie 502
ReplyDeleteThe only reason why we still have a land line is because our alarm system runs through it. We are planning on upgrading our system sometime so that we can eliminate the land line because otherwise I have no use for it. No one I want to talk to ever calls that number. It is mostly telemarketers.
DeleteI didn't know that you had a land line...I was talking about me! :D auntie 502
ReplyDelete