Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Terrible Announcing


This is a great time of the year for sports.  Baseball and racing seasons are beginning after long off seasons, and NBA and hockey playoffs are underway.  Admittedly I am much less interested in the basketball playoffs this year as the Pacers are sitting at home, but I am still tuning in a bit in-between Cards games and hockey.  Every sport has its share of bad announcers, but basketball (both college and pro) has by far the most.  There are far too many former players announcing games these days that quite frankly just are not any good.  This is unfortunate because it makes the games almost unwatchable.  Reggie Miller is a prime example.  Reggie, who as a Pacers fan, I loved as a player, is not a very good announcer.  This all came to the surface this afternoon when I was discussing with a co-worker how much better hockey announcers are compared to basketball announcers.  Then I came across this post on Durden, with the following video.



Imagine having to listen to this and similar commentary for an entire game.  I think I would rather watch April baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment