Sunday, January 3, 2016

Revenge of the Sandwich

Interesting how in the first post of 2015 I discussed how I lost a battle with 10 boneless wings and some fried pickles.  Some things apparently do not get better with age.  On New Year's day I ate a tenderloin sandwich that absolutely ruined my night.  I spent the rest of the night generally feeling terrible.  Not really nauseous or bloated, just not feeling great.  I don't really know any other way to describe it.  I even had to lay down for about 40 minutes to regroup enough to just watch TV for the rest of the night.

Partly because of my bad reaction to the sandwich and other similar foods, and partly because of my developing "dad bod" (minus the biceps), I'm making an attempt to eat healthier.  Specifically at lunch, where half of the time we have catered lunch from places like Chilis, and the other half of the time the office gets fast food.  I have eaten more fast food in the recent months that I ever have in my life.  I've never been big on new year's resolutions, but I'm calling this my resolution.

With the holidays now over, I feel like there isn't a whole lot to look forward to until spring.  Gray weather, snow (though maybe not too much this year), and cold for two months until spring arrives.  Plus I was starting to get used to the lack of traffic on the commute and the 3 1/2 day work week.  Tomorrow will be a harsh reality slap to the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment