The back surround speakers seem to be the least impactful speakers in a surround setup, and thus I wasn't interested in spending too much money on new ones. Additionally, I already had surround speakers that were working fine. However, they are required to complete a surround sound setup, and I wanted my rear channel speakers to match the rest of my speakers in my setup. I settled on this pair of bookshelf speakers from Klipsch, that I thought were very reasonably priced at $400 for the pair, and I got them on sale for $300.
First of all, they look great. There is just something about that black and copper look that Klipsch speakers posses that is appealing to the eye. The new Reference line of speakers from Klipsch feature the large horn tweeter without visible screws, giving the speakers a seamless appearance. This design was previously only available on the more expensive Reference Premiere line. These bookshelf speakers are slightly larger than my previous speakers, giving them a more professional appearance. In comparison to my previous bookshelf speakers, the new Klipsch speakers look like they can produce loud, high quality sound.
In terms of sound quality, it's a bit difficult to compare these to my old speakers. So little sound comes out of the rear speakers, and typically it is in short bursts, that it's a bit hard to know how well they are performing. I've played a few PS5 games and watched a movie since installing these speakers, and one thing I can say for sure is that they are louder than my previous speakers. That alone is a boost in quality, in my opinion. The previous speakers were so subtle that at times it was difficult to tell if I was even running a surround system. These speakers produce enough sound that it is obvious you are in a surround environment. The sound they produce is high quality. I think the boost in volume alone is a big addition to the surround system.

No comments:
Post a Comment