Sunday, June 18, 2023

100 Days To Indy

 


I'm a huge Indycar fan. I watch all of the races and most of the practice and qualifying sessions. I follow many of the drivers and teams on social media. I even go to a couple of races every year, one of which is the 500, naturally. It's suffice to say that when this show was announced I was excited to see it. With that being said, I also fully understood that this is a show that isn't necessarily for me, the hardcore fan. It's aimed more towards the casual fan or maybe even towards someone who isn't a fan. Despite that, I found the show to be really good.

I liked that the show focused on the current season. Despite paying as much attention to the series as I mentioned above, it is easy to forget what happens race to race, so it was nice to get a reminder of what occurred in the previous race. There were 6 episodes, each of which highlighted a handful of drivers and their families and discussed what happened in the race the previous week. It was nice getting some behind the scenes looks at the families and home lives of the drivers. 

Overall I think the CW and Vice did a great job putting this show together. Even for a diehard Indycar fan, I found the show to be interesting and it highlighted the drama of the series and reminded me that the drivers are regular people with families and loved ones who support them. I assumed that this was going to be a one season and done documentary, but one of the makers of the show mentioned a possible season 2 on the Off Track podcast so hopefully next year I can discuss season 2 on this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment