I bought a new drill last week to help with the move. I feel like I am a little bit more of a man now that I have spent some money on power tools. I have been borrowing other people's drill once or twice a year for the past several years. I never bought one because I never thought I used it often enough to justify spending the cash on one. They are kind of expensive. But then I came to the conclusion that most other people who own one probably don't use them too often either, and it is convenient to own one when you need one. I went to the other place to take down some racks, and I couldn't even figure out how to get the screws back into the case. Granted, I am not the most handy guy in the world, but it was a little discouraging when I couldn't even figure out how to work the case. It really isn't designed all that well.

So my day yesterday wasn't going so great, with the lack of hot water, power tool failure, and just being tired of moving and hooking stuff up in general. My day got worse when I was on my way to the old place for the second time. Everything was fine, then I blinked and my left eye instantly was irritated, tearing, and hurt. I spent the next hour trying everything I could think of to relieve the discomfort. I took out my contact, I flushed my eyes with copious amounts of water, I kept my eye closed. I was pretty certain something was in my eye, so I started an investigation, looking for the trespasser. With my lid inverted as much as I could, Sarah finally found the object - a tiny little eyelash. She tried to remove it a few times with her fingers. When unsuccessful, she tried with a pair of tweezers. At this point, it was hurting worse and I was a little uncomfortable with sharp tweezers coming at me, so I decided to head to the hospital. I felt dumb going to the ER for something like this, but I knew my eye would feel much better after the lash was gone and it was after normal office hours. After sitting in the ER for two hours, finally the lash was removed with a splinter kit. They actually had to pluck it from my inner eyelid because it had penetrated the mucosa there and was stuck. Any increased masculinity I had gained from buying the drill was pretty much taken away by the fact that I had to go to the ER for an eyelash. What a bad way to end a terrible day. I would have rather been at work. I will just be glad when we get a week or so down the road and all of this moving stuff is behind us.
Update: The water issue is now resolved. I won't pretend to understand the intricate plumbing system they use here. Basically, there is some valve that is supposed to trip to redirect water from the furnace (??) anytime someone inside is requesting hot water and for whatever reason that valve wasn't working correctly. It has now been fixed and we have hot water!
That's an unfortunate fluke scenario with that whole eye thing. I've never heard tell of such a thing happening.
ReplyDeleteThat hot water thing is inexcusable. I would have flipped my lid over that. The price of rent that they make you bend over and take in these places, and they can't even figure out how to open a valve so you can have a basic staple of western civilization. Unf-ingbelievable. LOL