Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ch-Ch-Changes

When I first came up with the concept of creating this web site and how I was going to design the posts in terms of the content I was going to include, I imagined a situation where I would have a lot of short, almost twitter-like posts. I have done a few posts like that but for the most part the posts on this page have been quite lengthy (and subsequently quite time consuming). A lot of my posts take around an hour to put together. Before I started residency I was posting 3-4 times per week. However since I've started residency I have been averaging only one post per week. When you start working a lot of hours not only do you not have time to post, you don't have time to do anything to post about. Because of this, I've decided to begin reemphasizing the short post format. I still plan on having longer posts about bigger, more important topics. But littered in between these longer posts will now be a series of shorter posts. I think this will help keep the site a bit more fresh. Below is an example of what I am talking about.

As I was driving home from work this evening, I noticed that I am burning through a lot of good petrol on this commute to the Laf. I just fueled up Monday and I will probably need to get more gas before the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain...make a 90 mile round trip to work daily. With unemployment stats the way they are, there could be worse problems to have. I'm just glad LCB kept her good ol' four-banger when she bought a new car after college. It's not the flashiest ride, but I drive that thing rather than my SUV most days, and I get damn near 30 miles to the gallon. I probably could get 30 if I wasn't such a leadfoot on the highway, but my driving style is admittedly not the most fuel efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burn through my fair share of petrol considering my drive to Vincennes daily and my usual weekend trips to Bloomington or Indy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't know what bothers me the most: Spending the money on all of the gas or having to take the time to fuel up my car.

    ReplyDelete