
I didn't have to work this weekend and therefore I was able to get a lot of time in with Gran Turismo 5 (probably around 15 hours). Below are my initial impressions of the long awaited game. I will return in the near future with a full review once I have more time with the game in order to unlock some more of the features.
- Disc insertion to play time the very first time you try to play clocks in at almost an hour. Come on Sony, you can do better than this. We've already waited several years, why make us wait another hour?
- The graphics are amazing. You almost want to just watch and look at the cars instead of drive them. There are only a few very minor hiccups here and there. Otherwise flawless.
- The entire game has a very familiar feel to it which fans of the PS2 versions will like. However this is where part of the game disappoints thus far. I will expand more on this in the full review.
- Online play is a lot of fun.
Changing gears a bit, this is the 100th post of this blog. Thanks to the few readers out there. I actually enjoy putting this site together quite a bit. I think 100 posts is quite an accomplishment. Thanks!
I really enjoyed the online racing with you, Craig, and Wyatt yesterday. Looking forward to more of that. You gotta get a Bluetooth so you can talk smack with us.
ReplyDeleteI agree, it was a lot of fun. I will have to get a Bluetooth so I can actually defend myself.
ReplyDeleteYeah, a Bluetooth headset used to be a "fancy" accessory once upon a time, but you can find lots of good ones all over the place now for very little cost.
ReplyDeleteYes, the official Sony PS3 model cost around $40 at Amazon. It gets good reviews. People say its comfortable and has good sound. Think its worth it or should I get a cheaper one?
ReplyDeleteI have a nice bluetooth that I use with my phone, but the one I use with my PS3 is a plain-jane sony ericsson that I first got back in college. It serves the purpose just fine for my gaming effort.
ReplyDelete