Friday, February 25, 2011

This Weather Sucks

I am absolutely sick and tired of this winter weather, specifically the ice. I am thinking of relocating to Erie.

6 comments:

  1. The ice from the Ice Apocalypse melted but we got more ice last night which covered the roads making for an hour long commute this morning. The ice also covered my car, so I had to get in through the back seat and climb into the front seat because my front doors were frozen shut. Now I'm a relatively smart person but I'd love for someone to explain to me why when my car doors freeze, it is always the front doors, never the back. Super annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because the last time your back door was opened it was dry and didn't have water on the seal. Bet your front door was wet when your closed it and that water froze sealing your door. Get a silicon spray to put on your door seal. It helps to prevent the door getting frozen shut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I figured it had something to do with the fact that the driver door gets used the most and moisture was getting in there. I didn't know about the silicon spray though, so thanks for that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're finally out of the woods now...well, out of one proverbial woods and into another. It's rarely mild and quiet when it comes to Indiana weather.

    As noted by last night's weather moving through the area, we seem to be making the transition from the icy winter season to the spring season of severe thunderstorms and threats of flooding.

    I read today that the temperature got up to nearly 70 degrees sometime after midnight last night before that cold front moved through with all the wind/rain/hail that dropped us all the way back down to the 30s. Pretty wild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BoilerPip: I was thinking the same thing: How can we go from a pretty significant ice storm to a major thunder storm and temperature swing in just 48 hours? It is amazing. I'll take some minor flooding over ice any day.

    I was laying in bed last night listening to all of the rain and thunder and wind and asking myself "What am I supposed to do if they call a code gray?" Code gray is the code for bad weather. I guess I'd wheel all the people away from windows?

    ReplyDelete