My car seems to attract body damage. I've had it in the shop more than any other car I've ever owned and so far none of the accidents have been my fault. I work late on Wednesday evenings and on my way home I decided to take a different route in order to stop at a gas station to fuel up. Afterwords I was headed north out of the city on my way home, and right as I left a heavily developed area and transitioned into a more wooded area a deer ran out in front of my car. I saw the deer with enough time to decrease my speed from 55 MPH to around 30-35 MPH, I'm sure saving my car from a lot of damage, but I still drilled the animal with the center of my car, causing minor cosmetic damage. I took it to the body shop last week and got an estimate of $2,000 for repairs. My insurance should cover the price with just a $100 deductible, and though it could've been a lot worse it is still annoying. This car can't catch a break.

How was the deer? auntie 502
ReplyDeleteIt's funny. Everyone has asked me about the deer. I honestly don't know. I hit its back leg hard enough to project it into the air over the hood of my car. I assumed that I broke its hip. But I never stopped and thus didn't see if it ran off or just stayed on the side of the road.
Delete