Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Hate Mollies

Sarah and I spent Thursday afternoon hanging curtains around our house.  This is attempt number two at this project.  I feel kind of dumb admitting this as I am sure this is a basic task, but I for the life of me cannot figure out how to hang stuff up using wall anchors.  I have tried several times and failed.  I drill with the size bit suggested in the instructions but I can never get the anchor to fit into the hole properly.  It's quite frustrating cause usually what I end up doing is drilling directly into the drywall.  Sometimes I hit a stud, sometimes I don't.  Obviously this is a much less secure way of hanging things to a wall.  Today we hung curtains in three rooms, two of which had bay windows.  I only had a couple of hooks that didn't securely fasten to the wall, requiring me to move them over just a bit, enough to cover the newly created holes but also enough to give me room to make a new hole in the wall.  That aspect can be frustrating but overall I think the project went well and it definitely makes the house look nicer.

2 comments:

  1. Mollies? auntie 502

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah apparently Mollie is another name for a wall anchor, though it might actually be spelled molly. Who knew?

      Delete