The first couple of episodes of the second season of The Mandalorian frustrated me. The deal he made with the sheriff to help him out in order to get his armor confused me when he could've just beat that guy's ass and taken it. Same goes for the transportation of the frog lady - I didn't understand the purpose of that episode either. Otherwise, this season of The Mandalorian was absolutely awesome.
The highlight for me was the appearance of Ahsoka Tano, who is one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters. Although she only appeared in one episode, she looked bad ass and it was revealed that she was still chasing Grand Admiral Thrawn (and presumably Ezra Bridger too). I never thought I'd see their paths cross, so when it was rumored that live-action Ahsoka would appear this season, I became excited.
Mando came across a who's who of Star Wars celebrities this season. Most exciting of all is Disney's announcement of multiple spin-off Star Wars shows to further explore the universe. So many were announced that I honestly don't know how I'll have time to watch them all. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.
The Mandalorian for me is a show where the sum is greater than its parts. After I watched the first season, I realized that I didn't know much about Star Wars beyond episodes IV-VI. This year I went on an all-out Star Wars blitz, watching episodes I-II and VII-IX, as well as the animated series The Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm glad I did, because otherwise I would have no idea who Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, or many of the other characters introduced this season was. The show has introduced me to a whole other part of the Star Wars universe that previously I was ignorant about.

No comments:
Post a Comment