After finishing the Clone Wars, I am in the transition period between the prequels and the original Star Wars trilogy. Luckily between the two non-Skywalker movies Solo and Rogue One, and David Filoni's Rebels, there is plenty of content. First up on the timeline is Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Solo is a solid movie. It explains the back story of how Han meets Chewy and acquires the Millennium Falcon. It also explains the story behind the often mentioned Kessel Run. All of this is good Star Wars fun and good back story for one of Star Wars most famous characters. Additionally, the fantastic Emilia Clarke stars in the movie, and her presence tends to improve any show or movie. Although much like all of the characters from Saved By The Bell, I cannot see her without thinking about her most famous character, the mother of dragons. All the better, I suppose, as that character is bad ass.
As I was watching the movie I kept thinking about how I wasn't familiar with any of the characters appearing in the Clone Wars. Turns out I was right. Although the Pyke syndicate is featured in several episodes of the Clone Wars, most of the other characters were based only in this movie and did not have a part in the Clone Wars stories. That is, until the very end when Darth Maul makes an appearance. If you've only seen the movies, this likely came as a surprise as Obi Wan appeared to have killed him by chopping him in half. But those of us who have watched the Clone Wars know Maul is alive and well, last seen fleeing Mandalore in attempts to organize a crime and trade syndicate to compete against the Empire. More to come on Maul I am sure in Rebels.

No comments:
Post a Comment