Monday, May 23, 2022

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

 


The girls and I just finished playing through the main story of the Lego Skywalker Saga. What a fantastically fun game this was, especially being able to play 2-player with the kids. I had been looking forward to playing the game for over a year. The ability to play through all 9 movies just sounded cool. I played the game on PS5, and it looked fantastic. The gameplay had been improved from previous Lego games I've played, with damage points differing based on where you shot the enemy, you could take cover, etc. There were flying missions which were fun (these can sometimes be frustrating on games), and many fun, though not too challenging, boss battles. Plus, the ability to play as all the various Star Wars characters from the movies was fun as well.

After finishing the main story of all 9 movies, we actually only completed 20-30% of each movie's available tasks. Of course, most of what remains are random side quests, collection of kyber bricks, etc. It remains to be seen if I go back and work on any of this. My kids, however, have already spent some time putzing around. One really wants to play as Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka is a playable character on the game, but wasn't utilized at all since she isn't in any of the movies. My other kid has taken a liking as playing as Rey, since for some reason she has a jetpack. We will see if they actually complete the game anymore than what we already have, or if they will mostly just putz around. Probably just putzing. The game did have periodic glitches, sometimes requiring a Google search to figure out how to get the game to progress, other times requiring quitting the game or stage and restarting. They were few and far between, but did exist. Every Lego game I've played (which is only two others) have had random glitches, which is interesting. But overall, this game was a blast to play through. I could see myself picking it up and playing it again at some point, either alone or with my kids again.




No comments:

Post a Comment