I almost skipped this movie, but decided to watch it after Venom appeared in the post-credits scene of Spider-Man: No Way Home. Plus, I enjoyed the scenes where Venom used Peter Parker for its symbiotic relationship in Spider-Man 3. I really did not like this movie too much. The plot felt rushed. I wasn't sure who the actual bad guy was. The scientist who collected Venom is for sure bad, but is Eddie Brock bad also? He seems like a nice guy, but when infected by Venom he bites people's heads off, so are we supposed to be rooting for him to get better despite this? Who is the hero in this movie? I found Venom's voice overlay to be annoying too. At times this movie felt like a 1980s B rated horror film.
If Venom goes on to become a character in the MCU, at least this movie did a good job of introducing his character. Though, I feel like I had a good enough understanding of Venom after Spider-Man 3. I'll pass on Venom: Let There Be Carnage and catch up with the character if/when he appears in the MCU.
No comments:
Post a Comment