Saturday, May 7, 2022

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

 


As you all know from the rave reviews and headlines about how much money this movie made, Spider-Man: No Way Home is fantastic. There are a lot of enjoyable moments in this film. This movie is like an All-Star game for Spider-Man, with all of the previous Spider-Man actors and villains appearing. At the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home, Mysterio reveals Spider-Man's identity. In an attempt to hide his identity, Peter consults Dr. Strange to see if he can cast a spell to reverse Mysterio's actions. While doing this, he inadvertently opens the multiverse, allowing previous villains and versions of Peter Parker to appear on the same timeline. Below are some of my favorite aspects and thoughts about the movie.

  • Matt Murdock's appearance. I'm in the process of watching Daredevil, and really enjoy Charlie Cox's portrayal of the character, so the timing of this cameo was spot-on for me. Had I not seen Daredevil, his appearance would've went right over my head.
  • As previously discussed, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin character is spectacular. Any opportunity to have him on screen should be taken advantage of.
  • Same goes for Dr. Strange. His character is great, and I'm really looking forward to the Multiverse of Madness.
  • Glad to see Zendaya have a bit more of a prominent role in this movie. I feel like in the other films she doesn't get to say much.
  • I can't see Peter's friend Ned without thinking of Sandra from Superstore.
  • Obviously the appearance of Tobey Maguire's and Andrew Garfield's versions of Spider-Man was great, but I particularly enjoyed the banter between the three Peter Parkers. My favorite scene was when they were questioning Tobey's ability to shoot web straight from his wrist and not rely on an external device.

No comments:

Post a Comment