Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Radiohead's Top 20 Songs: Kid A



Kid A was my introduction to Radiohead.  I was in high school when this album came out.  I remember the first few times I listened to this album that I thought some of the songs were wonderfully awesome and some were wonderfully weird. So weird, in fact, I wasn't exactly sure what to make of the band.  But the album was memorable and made an impression and I kept coming back to it.  As I progressed from high school to college and music became more readily available (this was during the MP3 boom), I eventually discovered The Bends and OK Computer and the rest is history as they say.  Radiohead has been my favorite band since.

In terms of the songs on the album being in my top 20, I actually only have two songs on the list.  The National Anthem and Optimistic.  I think Idioteque and Everything In It's Right Place are good songs as well.  However, in the era of Radiohead's more techno music (Kid A and Amnesiac), I think the music here isn't quite as good as it is elsewhere so they were left off the list.  For what it's worth, I think Kid A has my favorite cover art of any of Radiohead's albums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment