Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Radiohead's Top 20 Songs: OK Computer



Much like The Bends, I discovered OK Computer much after the fact.  The album came out while I was in junior high, but I first discovered the album while in college.  Point being I was maybe a little late to the Radiohead party.  Regardless, obviously a great album with a lot of great songs to choose from.  Maybe their most well known album too.  

My top songs are Karma Police, Let Down, and Climbing Up The Walls.  Karma Police's awesome piano with the "this is what you get when you mess with us" is fantastic.  Let Down is maybe a bit nostalgic for me, but one of my favorite songs none the less.  Climbing Up The Walls was for sure influenced by my recent concert viewing as they like to play that song during their shows, but a cool song.  Honorable mentions include Airbag, the opening song to the album and one of my favorites when I was first being introduced to the album.  The well known and great song Paranoid Android as well.  I like this song but didn't include it because to me it kind of drags on a bit.  And finally Lucky, which I initially had on the list but swapped it out at the last moment for Let Down.  Great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment