It's no secret that Radiohead is my favorite band of my generation, maybe of all time. Their music style has evolved quite a bit over time and picking my top 20 songs was harder than I thought. My original list had 53 songs, then I got it down to 26 before settling on 20. I had to sacrifice songs that I like and determine if I wanted to keep more well known, popular songs on the list vs songs that are lesser known but I think are musically better songs. My guess is that if I had to make this list 10 times, there would be 8-10 that consistently make the list and the other 10-12 might be a bit more of a toss-up. Up next is my list of top 20. Can't wait to see Sarah's list as well.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Radiohead's Top 20 Songs
Every Thursday since the COVID-19 pandemic started, Radiohead has been releasing new concerts to watch on YouTube. The concerts take place at various times throughout the band's career, meaning featured songs vary from concert to concert. This has been a great time to re-listen to many of the bands older and sometimes less popular songs. However, as the weeks have gone on, a recurring discussion has occurred between Sarah and I: Which songs would we place on our best-of list for Radiohead. There are some songs that are clear favorites, but others are a little less obvious. We quickly determined that a podium or Mount Rushmore of Radiohead songs wouldn't be big enough. We initially discussed top 10 songs but settled on top 20. I'm excited to announce that after weeks of discussion, both of us have completed our list of Radiohead's top 20 songs. I plan to release my list over a series of posts featured on each album. The list only contains studio albums, no live content or soundtrack songs allowed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment