While frustrating, I'm complaining mostly about the principal of what is going on versus the actual cost increase. While $65 a month is an expensive streaming service, to be real YouTube TV is basically like having cable and is still significantly cheaper. Our satellite bill ranged from $110-$180 and really didn't offer anything additional that YouTube TV doesn't offer. Overall I've enjoyed my streaming experience and am not looking to switch back, despite the cost increase.
Friday, July 3, 2020
YouTube TV Price Hike
YouTube TV increasing their price was inevitable. It offers a TV-like experience at streaming prices. It was too good to be true. In a deal that added Viacom channels like MTV and VH1 (channels I couldn't care less about) the price went up to $65 per month. What frustrates me the most is that this deal is so typical of traditional TV carriers. They make deals with content providers, but in order to get one or two channels that everyone wants, the content provider forces additional channels that no one wants and it increases the cost. I really hope at some point we get where we can choose channels a la carte. The way things are structured now that really isn't an option except for more premium channels. Once again, sports are what keep me tied to a more traditional TV service. If not for sports, I'd probably have Netflix, HBO Plus, and Disney Plus and call it a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment