Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Most Awful Song In The History Of Radio

 I was sitting in the car with my family last weekend after swim class and the UB40 song Red Red Wine came on the radio and I decided at that moment that I cannot stand that song.  It's awful.  According to Wikipedia, when it was released in 1983 it only had moderate success in the States.  I can understand hearing the song on the radio when it first came out, but why in the world is it still being played on radio today? It was released nearly 40 years ago!  If it were a good song, then I'd be glad to listen to a 40 year old song.  But this song sucks. It would be like hearing Imagine Dragons on the radio 40 years from now.  

In the process of spending 30 seconds researching this song, I discovered that it is a remake of a Neil Diamond song.  I did not know that.  I listened to the original.  It is awful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment